11 Offbeat Arrangements for Percussion Ensemble
SEASON'S BEATINGS is a quirky collection of offbeat holiday arrangements for percussion ensemble. Renaissance man Jesse Mattson takes eleven of our most cherished tunes of the season and turns them on their head!
All pieces are scored at the beginning-to-intermediate level for 8 to 10 players using standard percussion instrumentation. They are designed to be used either as stand-alone pieces or as interludes within a holiday concert program. Using the included transition suggestions, you can mix and match to create your own wintery suites!
Individual parts (PDF) and audio recordings are included on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Included in this collection:
• DECK THE HALLS
• ROBIN LAID AN EGG (adapted from Jingle Bells)
• CAROL OF THE BELLS
• DRUMMER BOY (adapted from Carol of the Drum)
• THE TWELVE DRUM FILLS OF CHRISTMAS (adapted from The Twelve Days of Christmas)
• SILENT NIGHT
• O TANNENBAUM
• HARK! (adapted from Hark the Herald Angels Sing)
• COME ALL YE (adapted from Come All Ye Faithful)
• BARTOK BUILDS A SNOWMAN (adapted from Frosty the Snowman)
• SLAY RIDE (adapted from Sleigh Ride)